How to Read the Odds in a Sportsbook

How to Read the Odds in a Sportsbook

Game on sports is one of the most popular forms of leisure among Americans. With this in mind, it’s important to know how to read odds of a betting line and how to calculate winnings before placing a bet.

What Are Odds?

Odds are the numbers that represent the likelihood that a particular event will happen. The number of times you bet is what determines your potential winnings. For example, if you bet $20 on Player A and Player B wins with odds of +1.5 for Player A, you would win $20 if Player B wins. The same type of odds is used in online sportsbooks.

Sports books

How to Read a Betting Line

The odds are designed to allow you to make the best decision possible by balancing your knowledge of your team with the possibilities of winning. They help you calculate what percentage chance you have in winning, which is determined by comparing that chance against their possibilities for losing. For example, if you are evaluating the 검증사이트 odds of a team winning at -200, that team has a 75 percent chance of winning. This means there is only a 25 percent chance of that team losing. Additionally, a line of -200 means you will bet $200 in order to win $100.

Knowing what the odds on each side mean in comparison to one another is important to getting the best value on your bets.

How to Calculate Probability

When you determine the odds on two sides, how to calculate probability is simple. You simply divide the number of times the event can occur by the chances of it occurring. For example, if your team is in a game against a team where there are +120 odds, and your team has a 35 percent chance of winning, then you would win around $85 per bet if your team wins.